Navigate Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

About my Family

Hi, my name is Trevor, and I'll be your host for inspiration in finding the perfect balance in life.

I wanted to start this blog in the hopes of keeping both myself and family accountable in trying to achieve a more happier life.  But before we get to the nuts and bolts of my journey, let me give you a background of my family and me.

I'm in my early thirties and was married a little over 3 years ago, Dec 30, 2010.  My wife and I recently just had our first child, Landon, Dec 31 2013.  And boy has our life changed!

I was born and raised in Hawaii for 9 years.  And then when I was 9 years old, my dad got transferred in his work, and we moved to SLC, UT.  I come from a big family, 8 kids with me being number 7.  My dad had a good job, and he provided adequately for our family.  My mom stayed home with the kids and as you could imagine that was a feat in itself!  And to this day I don't know how she raised all of us kids!

My dad is literally my idol.  The way he was able to balance work, family, and church always impressed me.  On top of it, he manages to stay really fit!  We were just literally talking over dinner tonight about being able to fit into clothes from back in the day.  And of course he was bragging on how slim he's been able to maitain himself all these years.  I could always count on my dad to show up to my games, and support me in all my endeavors.  Pretty much most things I've learned on how to balance life came from him.  And I hope to instill the same traits to my own posterity!

I grew up receiving all my needs and occasionally wants.  I was taught from a young age about frugality and saving.  All the money I would receive from jobs and gifts I would save and invest.  I don't think a lot of kids my age knew what an investment account was or even understood the true value of money.  This money I saved as a kid, I was able to invest it and use this money to help pay for a mission, college, and a decent car. And the cherry on top was being able to graduate college with 0 debt.  I was able to accomplish this not working while attending college.  Yes, I did work during summer time, and I worked my tail off in order to help supplement a good college lifestyle.

I've had quite the journey to get where I'm at today.  I've learned quite a lot and have experienced things to shape me into the person I am today.  I want this blog to help inspire those around me, and most importantly, my posterity.  I want my kids to look at how I approached life, and hopefully, they can take my suggestions and experience to help them through their journey.

Since I'm new to this whole blogging thing.  Bare with me as I try to get all my thoughts down on paper.  I'm sure I'll be making lots of corrections along the way!!  And with that, I bid thee adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment