Navigate Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Staying in Shape is the Only Way to Go

Today I had the opportunity to play in a golf tournament, and first time playing golf this year.  It was a gorgeous day on the golf course, 83 degrees, beautiful skies, and it was a lot of fun.  Only problem is that I'm out of shape!  By the time 3rd hole came around, my hands/forearms were killing me!  I think I was probably girpping onto my clubs a little too strongly.  Probably a correction I need to make in the future.  But playing the simple game of golf helped me realize that I need to get my butt in gear.  If I'm getting sore playing golf, that's definitely not a good sign!

Also, we went boating on Memorial Day weekend, and I went wakeboarding for the shortest session I've ever done.  My knees were just killing me, and I had no energy to keep going.  Signs of an old man! haha

Anyways, as I've been trying to do activities which I did with no problem 10 years ago, has made me realize how important it is to keep up with regular exercise.  Since getting married, I haven't been as religious of getting my workouts in.  Actually, come to think of it, I haven't done a thing! ugh!

With my focus on the 4 core areas, physicality is definitely on the top of the list.  And one of my goals is to workout every morning, Mon-Fri.  But one of the reasons why I want to stay in shape is for my boy and other kids in the future.  I don't want to be on of those dad's that sits on the sideline watching his kid play.  I want to be out playing with him without having to slow down.  I think it's critical for father's to spend quality time with their family.  And what better time to spend with your kids than running around the park, hiking up trails, playing sports, and running them until you and them collapse.  So don't just stay in shape for yourself, do it for your kids!

Thanks for joining me!
PB

What kind of physical activities do you like to do with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment