Navigate Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Getting Enough Sleep

So I put as my goal to write a post every night for 2 weeks.  And tonight has been hard!  I fell asleep when I got home because of lack of sleep....  Unfortunately, our little guy hasn't been sleeping too well, which is making it so I'm getting too little sleep.

Are you getting enough sleep?  On average 40% of Americans are not getting enough sleep.  Getting enough sleep depends on many factors, such as age, health, and some genetic influence.  Infants, like my newborn son needs 14-15 hours.  Teenagers need about 8.5-9.5 hours, and adults need 6-10 depending on what kind of shape you're in.  I for one know I'm not getting enough sleep.  How can I tell?  Well, I kind of start falling asleep at work, and there's nothing I can do to stop it...

Sleep deprivation can cause memory loss, depression, weakening the immune system so you're more susceptible to getting sick, increased weight gain, increase your reaction time, and a host of many other issues.

With all that said, sleep is a key ingredient to maintaining a perfect balance in life.  I know I need at least 8 hours of sleep to feel well rested and ready for a new day.  On that note, I'm going to have to make this post shorter, so much more to say, but I have a 4 hour drive tomorrow for work, and I need my sleep!

How much sleep a night do you average?

No comments:

Post a Comment